Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush

If any of you are GlossyBox subscribers then you got this product in your August Box. It seems as if lip crayons are all the rage this year, so I was super excited to try it!  

Lip blush in cranberry


I am a really big fan of pinks so I couldn't wait to get it on my lips. Firstly, a swatch:
The top line is just a single pass with the lip blush, the bottom line is several passes to really show color. On my lips it looked a little different 

This is with the lip blush on, and no flash on my camera. I think it looked a little brighter in person, but not super bright. I thought it would be beneficial to also show a picture with the flash of my camera on. I'm sure many of us have thought our makeup looked great and then say in on a flashed camera and were terrified. Here's the same blush with flash:
See what I mean?! This looks totally different under different lighting conditions. Overall, in person, I find this lip blush to be somewhat in the middle of these two pictures.  I should also mention that both pictures are done without the use of a primer or lip liner.

Price: I this is a bit more on the expensive side for what I feel lip crayons should be priced. Glossybox told me in the spoiler that this blush was valued at 20 bucks. The Jelly Pong Pong website lists this as being 12 pounds. Factor in shipping and tax and you've got yourself a pretty penny priced product. As far as I have seen, I haven't seen this product available for purchase at say an Ulta or drugstore.

Wearability: While this will probably not be my go-to lip crayon, I do like the color for every once in a while. I think with blonde hair this would look absolutely gorgeous, especially in the spring or summer!  

Other Notes: This goes on super smooth and gave my lips a silky texture.  The color didn't stay as long as  I would have liked, but it should be noted that it did not leave that dreaded ring around the lips that  can sometimes happen.

Conclusion:  I probably will not buy this lip blush after I run out.  The color is pretty, but pretty isn't enough to save it from the price and lack of staying power. There are, to me, much better lip crayons out there. Stay tuned for reviews on those :)

If you are still interested, pick it up here: http://www.jellypongpong.com/collections.asp?CategoryId=3068

What do you think of the JPP lip blush? Anybody receive the other color in your GlossyBox?
Love,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment